Randomness

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I’m in kind of a random mood today so I figured I would share with you some random things about me.

1. I think it would be really fun to learn how to drive a bull dozer or some other sort of heavy construction machinery. Maybe it’s because I’ve had lots of time to watch them due to the insane amounts of construction going on in both Boise and DFW but it just looks like so much fun to push large amounts of earth around. I asked Kevin where I could learn to drive one, thinking maybe there was a school or something I could go to and perhaps bulldoze part time. He kind of looked at me like I was crazy and then said that he thinks you have to start out doing the grunt work and then if you are lucky someone will teach you. Well, that won’t work for me because I don’t like to get dirty. Or sweat. Or be told what to do.

2. We lived in San Diego when I was little and my favorite place to go was Sea World. My deepest desire was to grow up and be a Shamu trainer. You know, like every other little girl who has ever gone to Sea World. My mom tells a humorous story of buying me a fish and me telling it to jump and of it ignoring me and me not liking it for very long. She tells it funnier, though.

3. They say that first impressions count. So, I'm not exactly sure what that says about Kevin because the first time we met I was definitely a fashion DON'T. I was wearing Old Navy overalls, a grey cardigan (MEN'S large) and I was sporting a HUGE backckpack stuffed to capacity. I cringe just thinking about it. That backpack was SO heavy. And the outfit so horrible. SO very horrible.

4. Speaking of horrible outfits....one of the first interactions I had with Kevin’s family was attending a play his sister was in. He picked me up and when I opened the door, I saw the boy I liked wearing black pants, a mustard yellow button up shirt, black suspenders and a black BOW TIE. We call that his bumble bee outfit and he promised never to wear it again. Too bad he didn't ask me to get rid of those overalls, cuz he should have.

5. I fall down stairs more than the average person. Stairs at the mall, stairs at work, stairs out front of the patio of really cool restaurant downtown I was just about to eat at, you get the picture. I fall...a lot. Once I fell so hard, that I shook the house. Granted, it was an old house, but still….I SHOOK THE HOUSE. So proud to be me. And no, other than some bruises, I haven’t ever been seriously injured. It’s a miracle.

Anyway, there’s some randomness for you on this fine Sunday afternoon. I hope God is blessing your socks off today!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the randomness, it was fun to read :-)

Nicole said...

Hahaha oh Shelley. You're funny!