What Up, Buttercup?

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ok.  So… consistent I am not. Not with blogging.  Not with cooking.  Not with anything really.  I’m working on it though and am making strides.  Small Chihuahua like strides but strides nonetheless.

To catch you up….

Meal planning went GREAT the first week!  We ate delicious food EVERY day and it was AWESOME.  Then instead of taking the time that weekend to figure out what food I needed to buy for the next week’s meals I winged it (wung it?) at the grocery store and ended up with a weird mix of almost there recipes.  I forgot the cornstarch and a few other key ingredients so we fell back on boring food to just get by when the hangries hit. 

So annoying.

And then this week.  Well.  I don’t really want to talk about it.  Let’s just say that planned well it is not.

Oh well.  I have identified what I need to do differently and where I failed miserable and have hope to fix it.  Because that week that was planned out and it was so great…so so great.  And I would like to eat that well every week.  Kevin would too.

In other news, the weather this week has been GLORIOUS.  Yesterday evening we went to White Rock Lake and walked for an hour and talked and talked and talked.  It is one of my favorite places in Dallas.  It is gorgeous and I love the diversity of people that are there…from cyclists zooming by to families out for a nice stroll to dudes fishing for dinner to people going all out training for marathons.  So many wonderful people just as happy to be there as I am.  LOVE IT!  



0 comments: