Siege Status Update

Tuesday, April 8, 2008


I am still under siege. And the little suckers are wearing down my will to live. (Ok…maybe not my will to live. But definitely wearing down my will to fight back.) It is quickly becoming apparent to me that I am in a lose-lose situation.

I did a little digging around on the good ole internet and found thatit has been speculated that one reason swallows choose to nest on door stoops, light fixtures, and porch fronts is because the close proximity to humans keeps crows and other predators away. The birds will even risk cat predation and human vandalism and nest close to the ground if the location is in a place frequented by humans.”

So basically, leave them alone and they will build their nest. Go outside to “intimidate” them and the message they get is “come on in, little friends, here you will be safe and cozy”.

Great.

Glad to be of assistance.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man! That totally sucks!