Eggs+Me=Complicated

Monday, April 7, 2008

In honor of my dinner of eggs and toast, I am going to bless you with a post about EGGS. Scrambled eggs, specifically.

I know! So exciting.

  • The only way I will eat eggs is if they are scrambled.
  • I didn’t like eggs until I was 22ish. Might have been 23.
  • I didn’t know how to make scrambled eggs until I was 22ish. Might have been 23.
  • Up until about 6 months ago, when making scrambled eggs, I had to close my eyes because it creeped me out to see the yolk get broken. I felt like a baby chicken murderer even though I KNEW that that there was no way that egg was ever gonna produce a chicken. Yes, it is very complicated being me.
  • In the past year, I’ve learned that the yolk is not the baby chicken part of the egg.
  • I can now watch myself scramble the eggs. This makes me feel very grownup.
  • I used to be able to eat scrambled eggs by themselves, however, in the past month the texture of them has started to gross me out so that I have to eat them on something…like toast.
  • Even though I cannot eat 2 eggs because I get full, I must make 2 because but 1 is generally not enough to satisfy. It’s a quandary, I tell ya’.
  • In order for me not to gag, my scrambled eggs have to be cooked until they are not wet in any way.
Ok...well, I guess that pretty much sums up my complicated relationship with eggs. Do you feel closer to me? Cuz I feel closer to you.

9 comments:

Victoria said...

Hello old friend. Matt found your blog today somehow and sent it to me. Quite the happy surprise!!! You moved to Texas?? When?? We are moving to Portland this summer. Miss you.
Vicky

Shelley said...

VICKY!!!!!!!
Hi!!
I sent him a message through Facebook. That's probaby how he found my blog.

yay!!

How can I get in touch with you?

I miss you too.

Anonymous said...

Shelley we are twins on the egg circuit.
I even get nauseated if I eat them with out toast or at least a piece of bread. It took me forever to ignore the little white embryo.
Actually...... talking about it, I dont think I'll be eating eggs for awhile.
Antie

Traci said...

Whenever I crack eggs, being it for scrambling or cooking, I always have to take that little white clingy piece out.

And that's the embryo?! Hmm. I might be off eggs now too.

And yes, Shelley, I do feel closer to you. *smile*

Unknown said...

Seriously, that does sound complicated!!

Nicole said...

Oh Shelley... Hahaha :-)

Shelley said...

awh, crap...that white part is the embryo? I did NOT know that. Gross.

Anonymous said...

Well that is what I was told I think Im gonna google it
Antie

Anonymous said...

I found outit is not and embryo.
It is an anchor for the yolk.
called chalaze.
See thats how rumors get started.
Sorry!

Love Antie