Coffee...do stupid things faster with more energy

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Well, People, I realized that it has been awhile since I posted a little update about me. And that’s what this little bloggy was supposed to be all about. So I figured I should do that.

So I’m gonna.

Let me tell you a little bit about me, the me that I am right this very second.

I am extremely hopped up on caffeine. Like practically drunk on the stuff. I am so wired that I’m having a hard time walking straight. This is making my highly productive schedule quite a bit less productive than I’d hoped.

Why am I so caffeinated, you ask?

Well, that is a good question.

Kevin.

Kevin is the reason.

Kevin pulled me out of bed this morning at 7. And while I do realize that 7 is not all that early for normal people. I am not normal. I do not ususally emerge from the cozy cocoon of my bed until 9…9:45…sometimes 10. I KNOW! But before you get all judgy. Please know that I normally stay up until midnight or 1 or 3.

So see….it kind of all evens out.

But this week, I was supposed to be getting up EARLY with Kevin and we were going to go on a 2.5/3 mile walk ‘round our lake. I normally do that around noon or at night when Kevin gets home…but things are starting to get WARM here in Texas and I don’t enjoy sweating. So being the logical woman I am, I figured that Kevin and I could go TOGETHER in the morning before he leaves for work. It would be good bonding plus burn calories. Really a win-win.

Except for the whole EARLY part (6 am to be exact).

I did it on Monday. And thought about it Tuesday, Wednesday and today. I thought about it really hard for about 5 seconds before happily going back to sleep. But today as Kevin was about to leave for work, he came in and said “I think you should get up”. And took my arm and pulled me into the sitting position.

The part that surprised both of us was that I stayed sitting. True my hair was all in my face, blocking out the light and I was still mostly asleep. But I WAS SITTING. And after about 2 minutes of sitting with my hair in my face, I moved the hair, blinked a lot and sat there for another 2 minutes.

THEN.

I got up and went to the kitchen and started the coffee maker. And I was pretty proud that I could find the kitchen, let alone the coffee maker.

Even though the coffee maker is bright pink.




Anyhoo….I decided that since I was up I would DO STUFF. Lots of stuff and to that end, I have been drinking lots of coffee and buzzing around my house doing a little of this and a little of that.

It was all working out very well for me until I had that last cup.

Because I now want to puke. And the world is spinning a little bit. So I’m taking a time out.

And now you are updated.

Probably more than you wanted to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a pink coffee maker!! Ü
Its adorable.
Does Kevin have a spider man one? hehehe

Hope your day is better!
Antie

Shelley said...

ha ha! no...he generally refuses to use that coffee maker and brews his with our french press.

And, yes, the coffee is beginning to wear off and I am getting productive again!

LOVE YOU!!

Nicole said...

Hahaha oh man you're funny! And I still can't believe how amazing your coffee maker is! ;-)

Lisa said...

you are too funny shelley!