Fireflies

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Okee...soooo I don't feel very motivated today to get out of my pj's let alone to write much so all I'm going to do is tell you about my new favorite Texas memory and it happened last night.

Kevin and I went on a walk at dusk (because it is WAY too hot to walk when the sun is up....SWEAT!!) and we were almost home when I saw something twinkle in the corner of my eye.

I thought "fireflies??" no! They don't have those in Texas, do they?!

Yes! We do!!

I nudged Kevin and pointed and he saw them too and then all of a sudden we saw them everywhere. It was kind of a "made for tv" moment with a lake in the background, a meadow in the foreground, little twinkles bouncing everywhere and Me & Kev holding hands staring in amazement.

I'm going to see if he will go on a walk with me every night at dusk so I can see the fireflies dance and bounce.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fireflies!!!!!
I miss them! When we were little we would chase them in the dark, I love that memory.
You make my heart smile.
Antie

Emily said...

That's so awesome!

Nicole said...

Oh cool!!!!! Oh man I wish we had fireflies here!!! Oh man I wish!!