Silliness...brought to you by Shel Silverstein

Monday, May 19, 2008

I have been unpacking my boxes of books in preparation for the bookcase Kevin is going to build for me. And, oh happy day! I have come across my 2 volumes of Shel Silverstein poems, Where the Sidewalk Ends and A Light in the Attic.

Holy cow! These books are just packed with childhood memories. I remember pouring over every page giggling at the silly poems and illustrations. And because I figure everyone can do with a daily dose of silly, this week I will be sharing a poem a day.

If you have a favorite Shel Silverstein poem, please feel free to share it!


Boa Constrictor by Shel Silverstein

Oh, I'm being eaten

By a boa constrictor,

A boa constrictor,

A boa constrictor,

I'm being eaten by a boa constrictor,

And I don't like it --- one bit.

Well, what do you know?

It's nibblin' my toe.

Oh, gee,

It's up to my knee.

Oh my,

It's up to my thigh,

Oh, fiddle,

It's up to my middle.

Oh, heck,

It's up to my neck.

Oh, dread,

It's upmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmfffff...

2 comments:

Traci said...

Seriously.LOVE IT!

I've always felt that my love of Mr. Silverstein is somewhat rebellious. I remember desperately loving the books when I was a kid...and borrowing them from friends...but for some reason my mom never let me have them. But I have them now!

Yup. I'm quite the rebel.

Shelley said...

Ah, yes...Traci the Rebel. You should put that on your business cards!