Some stuff

Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow….so I took all of this week to explain why I didn’t write last week! Crazy! I just want you all know that things here are good. I’m not down in the dumps or sad or anything like that. It was good for me to have some closure on the past two years and now I’m ready to move on.

Ok…enough of all of that emoting! I have been working on some projects and have pictures!

The first are some melancholy chicken drawings. Some of you mentioned that I should do some more of him. So here are a couple…I have a few more but I haven't photographed them yet and I’m feeling lazy, so this is all you are getting. (Also these aren't photographed super great. I need to scan them, but our scanner is on strike. Fooey.)

Oh..but first....I haven't colored them. They are just pencil drawings, I'm thinking about what to do with them in the future but I've been having fun with them and wanted to share anyway.

Here he is reading.



Here he is watching a “chick” flick…ha ha!




Next up is a cute little bird I painted. She's in a nest I made of brown ribbon and then there is some vintage ribbon & lace on top and some pre-punched glittery letters spelling out “nest”. It turned out kind of cute, I think.




The next is a project that I did for my patio. I haven’t decided what direction to go out there and needed something quick, cheap and simple. So I redid a couple folding chairs I purchased from Home Depot for $8 each and an old dilapidated card table that I got for free from my parents.

I actually remembered to take a before photo!

Ugly Before (ignore the green chair in the background):



I spray painted the chairs a pretty turquoisey blue and the legs of the table white. Then I took the top of the table off and removed the ugly green vinyl and replaced it with a pretty vinyl table cloth I found at the local thrift store for $1.

Pretty After:





All in all I’d say the project cost me around $20 and took about an hour (including drying time). I want to make some pretty cushions for the chairs and get something cute and decorative for the table top. But it'll do for now.

Have any of you been working on any fun around the house projects?


5 comments:

Faithicus said...

Love the chick drawings ! He is soooo adorable. I will have to buy one when you start selling them on Etsy.com. :)
And your patio redo is rad. You are so innovative.

I finally started sewing some retro fabric aprons. I will have to get someone to model them and send you some pics. They are ok for my first sewing projects. I'm still trying to get used to using the machine.
Keep the posts coming ! I enjoy them so much ! :)

Meggie said...

I love the table and chairs!! You Rock!

Emily said...

I love with you did with the table and chairs, super cute! I've just been crocheting hats, nothing really around the house, yet. Hopefully, once I'm feeling better I'll work on some around the house projects.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of painting the chairs and what cool color. the table is even neater with the table cover for a dollar.
You are so creative!!!!
I really like your lil chickababies!!!!!
Antie

Dad said...

Shell, I love the colorful nest drawing! Also, the table and chairs turned out really awesome!

Love you guys!

Dad