Exploring Dallas

Friday, November 30, 2007

We have been having a great time exploring Dallas.

The first part of our trip was out to the residential areas we are considering living in. We think we have narrowed it down to a smaller almost rural area on the southeast side of Dallas (I’ll post more on that later).


It looks a little bit like this.



After narrowing down the "where we think we want to live" part of the trip, we commenced getting to know the city. First things first! Nothing says Texas like IKEA!



I heart Ikea. So much to see. So much to buy. So many rooms I want to redecorate! Unfortunately, I only brought a carry on and didn’t have enough room to bring anything home (and Kevin said I couldn't buy another bag here to haul home all the fun things I was finding...something about moving here in a couple months...blah blah blah – party pooper!)
The next day we went to the Aquarium! YAY! I love love love aquariums and Dallas has a cool one. There were monkeys, manatees, penguins, puffer fishes and more! We even managed to take a cute picture of us by the flamingos!



And we went to Dealy Plaza and wandered around the historic district down there. And we ate at a really yummy steakhouse where I found what I will need next year for my first Christmas in Texas.




All in all, the trepidation I was feeling earlier in the week about mooooo-ving here has subsided and I'd say that I’m getting more excited about living here and all the fun things there are to see and do.

0 comments: