This and that and some other stuff

Friday, May 2, 2008

We have our very first Texas house guests! Kevin's grandparents are staying with us until Monday. It's kind of exciting! We have never had real adults stay with us before (we have had college friends come and crash on our sofa in Boise on the way from somewhere to somewhere else but never real bone fide "we have a guest room with an actual bed and they can stay there" house guests before). I had a lot of fun putting the guest room together. It's still kind of a hodge podge of leftover furniture but I have a plan for it to become super awesome eventually!

Today, Kevin's Grandma helped me with my weak pathetic sewing skills. I'm feeling more confident now, so that's happy. I will post pictures soon of my adorable lil' penguin stuffie that we are making.

Tomorrow I think we are going to go sightseeing and do some touristy stuff. I will hopefully remember to take some pictures to share.

hmmm...what else?

I have ordered my prints from Etsy and am now anxiously awaiting their arrival. Beh, I'm horrible at waiting.

Oh, also, I am sick. Well...not so much sick, more of a horrible horrible sore throat. Like the worst ever. And my ears hurt. But I don't have a fever so I don't think it's strep. I do know that it is not my favorite thing ever, that's for sure.

On the upside, it does give me an excuse to eat ice cream. And I do always appreciate an actual legitimate reason to eat ice cream.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Ugh I hate waiting for things I ordered too!! I ordered that freakin adorably cute dress off of etsy and she's making it for me and I Ya I'll get it in the mail the end of next week or the beginning of the week after but I CAN'T wait to get it!!!!
And I can't wait to get my gaucho pants that I ordered either!! They should come the beginning/middle of next week!!
So yea... And I'm glad you guys are having fun with your "houseguests" aka the g-parents :-)
I can't wait to be house guests in your house in August if everything works out for us to come!!!!! :-) YAYYYY!!!

Nicole said...

Oh and I'm sorry your sick. Soar throats are the worst! UGH!

Shelley said...

I can't wait for you guys to come!! I should have the guest room really really cute by then!! And g&g say that the bed we have in there is really really comfy - yay!

waiting is the PITS!! but good things come to those who wait, right?!

Nicole said...

Hahaha yes yes good things DO come to those who wait, but why can't everything just be INSTANT?! :-)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you are sick! No fun at all! Can't wait to see the penguin stuffie. I've started knitting my first baby hat. My baby blanket was a horrible failed attempt...so, I'm hoping that this goes better!