Drawrings Confession

Monday, June 9, 2008

Hi, Peeps! Wow. THANK YOU for all your words of encouragement about my drawrings. It was so cool to read what you all had to say. Made me smile lots. Nicole’s comment was kind of my favorite. Made me laugh because I could totally picture her saying it.

I feel I must confess, though, that those images did not come out of my noggin. The girl is heavily inspired by The Black Apple, the pear was from an advertisement for something random in a recent Real Simple, I think. And the lion…well…the lion is actually a stuffed bear from an etsy seller that I can’t remember. Ha ha…but um, he totally looks like a lion. So we’ll just go with that.

I hope one day to be able to think of something and draw it up but right now when I try to do that I screw up the perspectives and it ends up looking all wonky which results in me being very annoyed with myself. So for now I’m just looking around and seeing if I can draw stuff I like. Sometimes I can and sometimes not so much.

Phew…I felt guilty this weekend that you all thought I was brilliant enough to draw those things just willy nilly out of my imagination. Nopers. Out of my own head I doodle flowers and sometimes snowmen. Oh ,and funny little owls and caterpillars.

Well, I guess that’s enough confessing for today.

Have a happy Monday!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

While I appreciate your honesty, it still takes tremendous artistic talent to even be inspired by something like that.

Shelley said...

awh...makin' me blush.

Nicole said...

Haha oh Shelley :-) I'm glad my comment was your fav too! Hehehe