Another use for scissors

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Disclaimer: I don't know how many people will find this post amusing but I do know that at least one of my reader's will laugh uncontrollably at this and so I dedicate this post to my Ant Connie.

The following is a conversation I had with my Mom (an avid/obsessive gardener) Wednesday night at dusk as she is walking around her backyard looking at all her plants.

Mother: “Yes!!”

Me: “What?”

Mother: (sheepishly) “I don’t want to tell you.”

Me: “C’mon!”

Mother: “The slugs are out.”

Me: “And……”

Mother: “I like to cut them in half with scissors.”

Me: Stunned grossed out silence.

Mother: “What?! They attack my plants!”

Cue maniacal laughter

Mother: “Hey…where you going?”

Me: “I have got to blog this.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is disgustingly hilarious! haha. good story.

Kevin said...

wow... and I thought The Joker was sadistic.

Shannon said...

ok, super gross...but very funny! Personally I prefer to salt them to death!!

thanks for the comment and prayers!

Nicole said...

Hahaha I read it again :-) So funny! I love your mom!

Heather said...

That is awesome! And, yes, I tell people all the time that they're not immune to being my blog fodder at any given moment.

Anonymous said...

OMG LOL!!!!!!
I did and still am laughing.
She is such a character huh? I can see you turning around to go blog too/ LOL LOL
Personally I smoosh them when I do find them. They do eat your plants and what a pain to try and track them down.
I love my family!
Love Antie