Surprise!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm back! Well, not back in Dallas but back blogging. I just couldn't help it because I have to tell you about how awesome Houston is! At least the parts of Houston I've seen in the past hour which is mainly just a few blocks of the downtown area. But those are parts are beeautiful! It's all so clean and manicured with public works of art all over the place. Everywhere I look has something fun and interesting to look at.

We are staying on the 20th floor of a hotel downtown and I'm having so much fun people watching. There is an office directly across from us and it's fun to imagine about all the people that work there.

Oh AND! I love Jason's Deli. A lot. I've seen them around Dallas but we'd never eaten at one before because I'm not a huge sandwich eater but we arrived at our hotel about an hour early and we were hungry so we wandered around looking for somewhere to kill an hour. There was a Jason's Deli a couple blocks away so we decided to eat there.

I am so happy we did because MMMMMMMMmmmmmm...... I had the BEST salad ever! Sprouts and cauliflower and broccoli and yellow bell peppers and carrots and sunflower seeds and and and!! It was so exciting since the salad bars that I have seen here in Texas have been pretty slim on the produce and They have an amazing salad bar with all really healthy yummy stuff PLUS the most delicious mini cornbread muffins EVER in the world. I could have eaten 10-20 but I practiced great self restraint and only had 2.

ARGH! Blogger just twitched out on me and didn't save the last part of that entry.

All these roadtrips Kevin and I have been taking lately have made me wonder about other people's roadtrip habits. Do you all have certain foods you like to eat or any rituals or things you do that make a road trip seem more like a roadtrip? Tell me! I want to know!

edited to add...ps...due the overwhelming response on my whiney Olympic post, I just want you all to know that I do not hate the Olympics. I am just currently not into the summer Olympics. Come 2010 for the winter Olympics I will be glued to my tv. Just thought you should all know. The end.

4 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

I LOVE Texas!

Traci said...

And here I just was, thinking about how incredibly unpatriotic you are. You know, when you don't watch the Olympics, the terrorists win...

ha ha.

I actually understand. I'm really only excited about a few events. And yes, I'll still be your friend.

Sorry I'm commenting on the wrong post though.

Glad you're enjoying Houston! I've never been, but I do have a couple friends who live there. How long are you there for? Will you be shopping? Did you guys drive there?

Have fun!

Kyle said...

I enjoy the Olympics, however, I get really frustrated with how many truly crap sports they spend time with on TV...I mean...rowing...syncro-diving? seriously!

I enjoy the baseball/softball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, water polo, etc.

Judged sports suck...they are rigged.

Anonymous said...

Eating and road tripping. For me the word should be eatingroadtripping, all one word because that is what it is.
I can put on 5 pounds just crossing town. LOL just kidding
But really when we travel I eat.
If I dont pack stuff due to lack of time (because I clean my house too)... We stop at a convience store.
.........see at least 5 pounds. Ü
Antie