Two posts in one day

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ok, I just got back from some errand running and while out I had some observations and experiences that I felt worthy of sharing with you however they don’t really flow together very well so you will be receiving a list.

1. I cannot find Hot Tamales at my Wal-Mart right now. This is particularly distressing because I have recently formed an addiction to Hot Tamales and get one of those .94 cent boxes every time we go. I always ask Kevin if he wants to get a box to share and he always says yes, which I think is very nice of him since he only ever gets about 1/8 of the box. If he tries to eat more than that we have “issues”. So do you see how this lack of Hot Tamales is causing me to twitch and pace. I’ve begun to console myself with Milk Duds but it’s just not the same. They better get a shipment in soon or I might start picketing.

2. Hobby Lobby has gone full blown Christmas. Not just crafty Christmas which I totally understand, you gotta start those Christmas crafts early…NO…Christmas ornaments, faux pine garlands, candles etc. It’s like a freaking Christmas wonderland in there which is very disconcerting since it’s a blazing “cook an egg on the sidewalk” inferno outside. Also it’s all 40% off. What? I’m completely mystified by all of this.

3. I almost got into an accident because drivers in my little corner of Texas do not believe in a little thing called “the blinker”. I’m thinking about conducting a door to door campaign.

4. This last item has nothing to do with my errands today but if you have Netflix, I highly recommend you check out a TV series called Nero Wolfe. If you like a fun mystery story this is a great series. It’s set in New York in the early half of the century and is full of great period costumes and sets. The dialogue between the characters is fun and overall it’s just an entertaining story.

Alright well, I’ve got housewifing to do and I don’t want to do any of it so I’m off to get caffeinated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey here's a few oldie goldies. When I was first married and had nothing to do I watched old movies. I got hooked on Charlie Chan detective movies and the Thin man series with William Powell and Myrna Loy. They were funny and I likes the semi- suspense. I get attached to food too. Right now its Italian ices!! yum
Antie

Nicole said...

Hahaha ohhhh Shelley... You're randomness makes me smile :-)

Unknown said...

The Christmas thing definitely doesn't make sense to me at all!