Lotsa photos!

Friday, September 5, 2008

When we went to Houston a few weeks ago I used Kevin's camera and, unfortunately, his camera and my laptop aren't friends. Mimi (my laptop) doesn't have the ability to read his camera's little disc thing so in order for me to get the photos I took he must first download the photos to his laptop and then I have to remember to get the thumbdrive from him and then upload them to my computer.

It's quite the process.

Okay, not really. I'm just lazy.

Basically all of that was a really lame excuse about why I haven't posted any photos from that trip. So here they are.

Here is where I sat and looked out the window for hours that night and wrote this.



This is some very cool public art. Can you guess what it is?



Here it is from the ground.












It's gnomes emerging from the ground! I seriously squeeked with happiness when I saw them. I love gnomes! I wish I could have gotten all of them in the frame together. It's much cooler in person.

Moving on.

Here's some pretty landscaping I saw in my travels around downtown. There were little pockets of beauty like this all over the place. It really fed my soul.



I love running across an old pretty building juxtaposed against a huge modern building.



This intersection had a cool tube connecting buildings to each other. I was fascinated by it. I wasn't brave enough to figure out how to get into to it though. Maybe next time.






When we left town we realized we left during rush hour. Look at all of those cars! UGH!



But eventually we were out in this! How pretty!!! Before we came here, I had no idea that Texas countryside was so gorgeous!



Allrighty, well that's all I have for you today!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, the gnome thing is the COOLEST thing ever! I can't wait to have a lawn just to get a lawn gnome! They are one of my favorite things.

Meggie said...

I'm so glad you finally posted the gnomes!!! It makes me heart happy!

Shelley said...

Tyler! I didn't know you shared my love of garden gnomes! That makes me so happy!

Shelley said...

Meg...I know! I totally kept thinking that I needed to post them for you but I was lazy and forgetful...boo! Aren't they cool?!!

Kevin said...

hanging with your 'gnomies'?