Quick update

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just thought I'd let you all know that we are fine as far the hurricane is concerned and expect to stay that way. All it should do is give us lots of winds, a decent amount of rain and the possibility of losing power. The worst of it should hit to the east of us.

Kevin is currently running out for "supplies". You know, the important things like Hot Tamales and beef jerky. Also because we laugh in the face of possible power outages....frozen waffles and microwave popcorn (mmm...butter garlic).

And because I have a certain sister-in-law that doesn't like to read posts when they don't have pictures, I've included a picture of me from our drive to Oklahoma on Wednesday. More about that trip tomorrow...well, tomorrow or Monday. One or the other. We'll see...tomorrow I might be too busy eating Hot Tamales and Beef Jerky. But not at the same time, ew!


7 comments:

Nicole said...

Hahaha :-)
Thanks for thinking of me :-) It did make me instantly read it too! So good job! Hehe
You look beautiful in that picture by the way! And I'm glad you guys are safe over there. Crazy hurricanes!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Ma Fields called me yesterday
to see if your okay with the cane and all.
I'll pass the news! It looked at first that it might go right over Gainesville, glad when the high pressure moved but sad about where it went.
Glad all is well with you guys.
Enjoy them tamales!!!!
thanks for the pic Antie

Stacey said...

Awww, the photo makes me really miss you ~ it's been way too long! Sorry I don't comment much...many times I've wanted to, but finding time to just sit down and read a few friends' blogs is rare, let alone time to write comments on several days worth of posts...know that I am so enjoying reading. I think of ya often and pray all is well.

Traci said...

Shelley...you're GORGEOUS!

I hope you guys are alright and riding out the storm ok. Enjoy your hot tamales.

Anonymous said...

Ha that's funny. I need to start adding pictures to my blog so she will read mine too:-P

Shelley said...

Nicole & Traci...thank you so much for your kind comments!

Stacey! I miss you too! Next time I'm in Boise we should try to meet half way in Mountain Home for lunch or something! I'd love to meet your little girl...she's SO cute!

Stacey said...

YES! I'd love to meet you half way ~ that would be Glenn's Ferry ;0) We could meet at Carmela's, yeah! Or I just might be able to get up to Boise depending on when you're there. Just let me know when you're there...Zoe would love to meet you too!