Treasures from my trip

Wednesday, October 22, 2008



When I was in the Bay Area with Traci, she was kind enough to spend most of a day taking me around to her favorite places in San Francisco. I was amazed with all of the wonderful shops packed with wonderful things. I only had a carry-on so I couldn't buy a ton (which is a good thing because I could have done some serious damage to my checking account!).

The night before we left Traci showed me this wonderful print of an owl that she had recently purchased and I kind of fell in love with him. She said that we would be going to the store where she had bought him. I was hoping that they would have one for me!



They did! Now I, too, can have his sweet little face on my wall. He is by an artist named Jon Carling who, luckily for you, has an etsy store. I didn't see this little owl in stock but he did have some other really great prints available for only $7 each!

Another great find where these 2 wooden postcards. I LOVE THEM







I'm thinking about collecting more of them. I was excited to find the website of the maker, Night Owl Paper Goods. They have many other designs available as well as several other wonderful products.

Then there's Mr. Mushroom. He's a magnet. He's fuzzy. And adorable. He lives on my fridge watches the goings on in my kitchen.



I saved the best for last.

My bowls.



I bought a set of 4 bowls at our first stop. These bowls called to me. They begged to come live at my house. And who was I to deny such cuteness!

Each one is a little different. There are 2 bunnies...

one in pink....



one in blue...



But my favorites are the owls....



and the puffer fishes....



Don't think that the awesomeness of these bowls is limited to their outsides.

Nope.

On the inside of the bowls you will find this.



They are just awesome. I look forward to serving ice cream in them for years to come.

OH! I almost forgot my tiniest treasures!



Traci collects teeny tiny magnets and she gave me one from each of the 2 sets she bought that day. Aren't they ADORABLE!

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, the bowls are SO adorable...

Traci said...

Finally I can comment! I'm not sure what was going on earlier....

I love the bowls! And your photos are great! I'm super glad that you came to hang out with me. Next time we'll hit another part of the city.

Anonymous said...

I love your bowls!!! How awesome. What a neat find!
I tried to tell Debi about them but she said, "Dont tell me I read her blog at night , dont ruin the surprise". So you can see we love your blog. I hate it when you leave and dont write for a while but then you come back with all the new cool stuff to talk about and show, like those cool gnomes.
And then I'm happy again. Debi would say gah mom get a life, lol
Love Antie
Antie

Faithicus said...

What awesome treat treats you got from your trip. Yay! I simply adore them all. You have groovy taste. I might have to snag one of those owl prints myself. :)

Meggie said...

I need a picture of the big hair. Come on friend!!!!!!! You're leaving me hanging.

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff!

P.S. You going to bring a painting for our new house when you come in December:-)