Updataroo

Monday, October 20, 2008

1. Hank is doing better already! Even Kevin noticed so that's encouraging. Because if Kevin noticed that means that the fishy is actually doing better rather than me just wishful thinking that he's doing better when in fact he's about to go belly up.

2. I had an "interview" at a temporary staffing agency this morning. It was good/interesting. Basically I showed up, filled out some papers, the girl (wearing jeans and flip flops...weird, yes?) asked me about my availability and what type of pay I was looking for. She told me that she might have some things that look like I might be a good fit for and that was about it.

I am hesitantly hopeful.

3. I have ANOTHER interview tomorrow with a different staffing agency. This one is in response to my massive resume assault on the Dallas Metroplex. It's nice to know that one of my resumes actually landed in front of a person. A person who read it and then called me! Gave me a wee warm fuzzy. Then that warm fuzzy was quickly replaced by what I like to call "interview butterflies".

4. To help quell the evil interview butterflies, I am choosing to look at my interviews as opportunities to get dressed up in my new cute clothes. At least, that's what I did this morning and it helped until I was actually in the car driving there. Then the stupid things fluttered all over the place.

5. In other clothing related news, I bought the cutest madras hat from Wallymart the other day. For $3!! I have been looking for a cute hat that fits my head for MONTHS. It's my new favorite thing ever. I just wish I could figure out how to work into a professional wardrobe.

6. I was looking for some hair doing inspiration/help and ran across pursebuzz.com. It has all sorts of great hair tips and tricks that I was completely unaware of! I am awful at doing my hair so this website is pretty much just like manna straight from heaven. I was up until the wee hours of the morning watching tons of tutorials on various wonderful ways to do my hair. I highly recommend checking it out. PLUS the girl that does the tutorials is just so darling. I want to go shoe shopping with her and then out to coffee.

OH! Kevin just put in Season 4 of the Office so that's all for now!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear about he job interviews and also that Hank is feeling much better.