Scens from My Life Tuesday

Tuesday, June 2, 2009



The wall above our tv had been blank for over a year because I couldn't figure out what to put there. There are three different walls (each a different width) that make up the tv nook and for the life of me I just couldn't come up with any idea I loved. And I still haven't. I just got tired of looking at a blank wall.

So one day I took apart a scrapbook paper pack my mom gave me for Christmas, affixed sheets of it to poster board and sticky tacked it to the wall.

Done.

It doesn't really look finished to me but it looks WAY better than blank wall. yay!!! The suitcases are vintage and we've been collecting them since we were first married.

The books on the suitcases are a collection of a few of my most cherished childhood books (well, all of them except the baseball book, that one is just there for extra height). I love that they are out and I can see them every day! It helps me feel connected to my past through my present.



What are some of your favorite household treasures?

2 comments:

Emily said...

cute room!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh!! So cuteeee! I'm jealous :-)