I like to embroider...yes I do

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

About a year ago, I started reading crafty blogs and looking on crafty websites and was captivated by embroidery. It looked fun and pretty so I ordered a book called Sublime Stitching. It's all about how to embroider and has all sorts of cool patterns and tips and such.

I was so excited to get it and get started. And then it came. And I couldn't figure out how to get the patterns onto my fabric. I was so frustrated; I didn't know if my iron wasn't hot enough or whatever. But it was enough to put damper on my desire to embroider. Plus, I figured I'd get another iron eventually and give it another try then.

Christmas time rolled around and I got a new sewing machine and IRON! Who knew I'd ever be happy to get an iron? Not me that's for sure! Well, in the back of my head I knew that I should try out the new iron and see if I could do the embroidery thing again but I never had the time or didn't feel like it blah blah.

Until last night. This time either I'd risen a bit in IQ points or my iron is magic because the patterns transferred onto the fabric. Yippeee!

And now I am addicted.

Unfortunately, I am horrible at it. Fortunately, I don't care that I am horrible at it. It is the first thing that I can remember not being able to do very well that I am actually excited to do again. It's very wierd.

I think what I love about it is that it reminds me of coloring. But with the added element of danger. Needles are SHARP!

Anyway, Diesel is very excited about my new hobby and he was very entertaining last night. He just laid there with big eyes, watching the string move. He makes me laugh.






Friends and family, BEWARE, I will be embroidering everything from now on. Kitties and birdies, oh my!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hahaha! Yay!! :-)

Unknown said...

How pretty! You're doing an awesome job! I want to know how to embroider. Won't you teach me? Or, I suppose I could just buy the book :-)

Shelley said...

I'll teach you when we are in Boise. We can go to Rembrandt's and spend a nice afternoon on the patio embroidering! It'd kind of be like that scene in Emma...but modern.

Emily said...

Sweet! I can't wait!