Texas is Big.

Friday, September 17, 2010


I was on event site again yesterday and this time I drove an hour from my house to get there and was still in the Dallas Metroplex.    Sometimes I get so caught up in my day to day life that I forget how big Dallas and Texas as a whole really are. 

And the crazy thing is that for as many people live in the area there are still huge huge areas of empty land. 


It's nice because the wooded areas and open spaces provided a nice visual break from the strip malls, subdivisions and other urban clutter.  Before I moved here I had no idea how pretty it was.  But every day there is something that makes me go "wow, that is so pretty"....from a sunset, to a pond, to a wooded area or some cows grazing in a field. 

I am truly thankful to live here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures Shell.
I can't believe you drove for an hour and still in Dallas!

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures Shell.
I can't believe you drove for an hour and still in Dallas!